The majority of the hourly workforce grew up with modern technology, so they’re used to working digitally and expect communication to be mobile-friendly. Growing up with access to the internet means that the Millennial and Gen Z generations often expect immediate responses, which is why they tend to go with the employer who gets back to them quickly and has a streamlined application process.
But they hate phone calls — studies show that 75% of Millennials avoid phone calls and 81% get anxious about making a call — and even email isn’t fast enough sometimes.
The best way to reach hourly candidates in the 21st century is by texting.
It’s been shown that:
- 88% of the hourly workforce prefers texting
- 98% of texts are read vs. just 20% of emails
- Texts get a 10x faster response than phone calls or emails
In addition, think about all the time hiring managers waste going back-and-forth with applicants to schedule interviews, send reminders, follow-up on paperwork… the list goes on.
In short, the applicant will lose interest if you don’t respond in a timely manner but hiring managers these days don’t have time to engage applicants.
Text Communications offer the most simplified, convenient application experience for candidates. TalentReef’s two-way SMS messaging tool, Text Communications, enables hiring managers to connect with candidates in real-time, directly from the TalentReef platform. The user experience resembles the familiar SMS inbox, allowing hiring managers and recruiters to easily manage contacts, conversations, and campaigns without using their personal phone or email addresses.
Our customers have seen a 72-83% response rate from applicants and have decreased time-to-hire by an average of 21% by leveraging this tool.
How do Text Communications work?
TalentReef’s Text Communications tool was designed to create a more efficient and effective way of reaching out and responding to applicants in real-time — all from the TalentReef platform.
When connecting with candidates from the platform, the user experience resembles the familiar SMS inbox, allowing hiring managers and recruiters to easily manage contacts, conversations, and campaigns without using their personal phone or email.
Features of Text Communications include:
- Two-way text messaging to help keep candidates engaged throughout the process.
- Compliance features such as a communication audit trail, Opt-In/Opt-Out, and phone number verification.
- Templates and campaigns allow you to save time by easily messaging multiple candidates at once.
- Scheduled sends to remind candidates and employees about interviews, onboarding paperwork, and first day essentials, reducing no shows and other disruptions to the hiring process.
- The ability to see if and when messages are received by the candidate.
What are the benefits of Text Communications?
- Decrease time-to-hire by 21% (on average)
- 98% deliverability rate and 72-83% response rate from applicants
- 10x faster response rate than email or phone calls
- Communication audit trail
- Opt-In/Opt-Out compliance
- Phone number verification
- Message templates
- Quickly notify new hires of any missing paperwork
- Easily update employees on the latest policies and procedures
Learn more about how this feature could transform your recruiting process and decrease your time-to-hire.