If you are still trying to communicate with hourly candidates by phone or email, that might be why you are getting a lackluster response. As Millennials and Gen-Zers have become the majority of the hourly workforce, communication styles have changed: Phone calls and emails are out and texting is in.
The stats overwhelmingly back this up, too:
- 88% of the hourly workforce prefers texting
- 98% of texts are read vs. just 20% of emails
- Texts get a 10x faster response than phone calls or emails
- 52% of the hourly workforce feels anxious about taking a phone call
It’s also extremely time-consuming for busy hiring managers to attempt to engage applicants while playing phone tag or going back and forth via email.
Improve Engagement and Speed Up Hiring with Text Communications
With a talent management system that has Text Communications built-in, you can quickly communicate with applicants to keep them engaged and reduce interview ghosting. During the onboarding process, you can easily notify new hires of any missing paperwork or update them on the latest policies and procedures. And lastly, drive employee engagement by communicating more effectively with your team.
TalentReef’s Text Communications tool was designed to create a more efficient and effective way of reaching out and responding to applicants in real-time — all from the TalentReef platform.
When connecting with candidates from the platform, the user experience resembles the familiar SMS inbox, allowing hiring managers and recruiters to easily manage contacts, conversations, and campaigns without using their personal phone or email.
“We are investing a lot of development time on SMS and automated notifications which will allow our customers to be able to quickly engage with applicants and track the history of their communication with each specific applicant. The first step of that investment is adding functionality to allow hiring managers to send SMS messages directly to applicants through the TalentReef platform,” Senior Vice President of Product Management Adam Seubert explained when Text Communications launched in 2021. “This allows our customers to reach out to one or many applicants and ask qualifying questions, keeping them engaged throughout the hiring process by providing a personalized experience – something you can’t get with a bot.”
Features of Text Communications include:
- Two-way text messaging to help keep candidates engaged throughout the process.
- Compliance features such as a communication audit trail, Opt-In/Opt-Out, and phone number verification.
- Templates and campaigns allow you to save time by easily messaging multiple candidates at once.
- Scheduled sends to remind candidates and employees about interviews, onboarding paperwork, and first day essentials, reducing no shows and other disruptions to the hiring process.
- The ability to see if and when messages are received by the candidate.
Offer your candidates the most simplified, convenient application experience while saving you and/or your hiring managers time and money.